Quickly becoming known as Meath’s most sought after Wedding Venue, Knightsbrook Hotel Spa & Golf Resort has facilities on site for blessings and civil ceremonies. Our Barbican Suite is ideal for large ceremonies of up to 250 guests whilst our Willow Suite is perfect for more intimate gatherings. Both rooms are dressed with chair covers and sashes, floral arrangements and traditional red carpet at the entrance to the room, creating a warm and elegant ambience for your civil ceremony.
Our experienced Wedding & Event Manager will assist you with the careful planning of all aspects of your wedding from the ceremony through to the celebrations afterwards.
Complimentary Civil Ceremony Package
- Red Carpet Welcome on Arrival
- Ceremony room dressed with floral arrangements and candelabras
- Elegant Chair Covers with Ivory Sashes
- Free consultancy and planning with our experienced wedding co-ordinator
- PA System
- Event co-ordination provided by our management team on the day
- Complimentary Car Parking for 600 cars
- Discounted accommodation rates for your guests on the night of your event
You, the couple, must attend in person at the office of the Registrar by prior appointment, to give at least three months notification of intention to marry. At this consultation, you will be presented with a marriage registration form.
While only three months notice is required by law, it is advisable to contact the registrar well before the intended date of marriage in order to receive a timely appointment.
At this meeting with the registrar you will be asked for the following: Full evidence of name, address, age, marital status and nationality.
In general, you will be asked to produce passports as I.D, original final decrees in respect of previous divorce (if applicable) and P.P.S. numbers. The registrar will advise you if any additional official documentation is required.
You will also be asked for the details of the marriage, the intended date, the names and date of births of witnesses and any details of the wedding.
The marriage notification can be given to any registrar and the HSE will advise you of the contact details that are closest to you.
You will then need to meet our Wedding and Event Manager; who will complete the particulars on the documentation that apply to venue.
Contact: Civil Registration Offices
- Navan Enterprise Centre, Trim Road, Navan, Co Meath. Tel: 046 9097833
- Heath Centre, Mullingar, Co Westmeath. Tel: 044 9395098
- Haymarket Health Centre, South Bank Street, Drogheda, Co Louth. Tel: 041 9832963
- Joyce House, 8-11 Lombard Street East, Dublin 2. Tel: 01 8638200
At Knightsbrook, we have the expertise to make civil ceremonies the memorable and hassle free experiences that they should be.
With 180 acres of rolling parklands, Knightsbrook hotel is the picturesque choice for your wedding venue. And, as an Irish brand, we’re proud that together we voted ‘Yes’ on the referendum. Therefore, it would be our honour and privilege to host your same sex marriage ceremony.
Setting the Date
Our 4-star establishment and professional staff members aren’t strangers to lavish and sophisticated events. In addition, when you book with us, regardless of package, your occasion is looked after by your own Knightsbrook co-ordinator. Furthermore, we try and make it as stress-free as possible by offering a variety of perks, including:
- A luxurious bridal suite for the couple
- Complimentary parking for your guests
- A welcoming glass of champagne on arrival
- A dedicated banqueting manager
Customise your Day
As an award-winning establishment, we aim to deliver and maintain our personal services at soaring standards. That’s why a coordinator is appointed to you upon choosing a wedding package. Leaving no stone unturned, he or she is sure to assist with:
- Flowers – We have several preferred florists in our network who are familiar with our suite layouts. Our team can put you in contact to collaborate your ideas and their blooms.
- Menus – Our highly skilled and passionate chefs work tirelessly to prep for these occasions, regardless of the amount of guests. Each of our packages has pre-set four-course meal plans; however, approved dishes can easily be exchanged for different tastes.
- Entertainment – We keep an extensive directory of trusted suppliers, which we encourage our clients to utilise. Whether you’re looking for a classic string quartet, contemporary DJ or someone to keep the kids happy, we’ve got the connection.
- Relaxation –We have several on-site facilities to chase away any nerves and pre-marriage jitters. The River spa offers special wedding packages, while our beautiful golf greens are readily available to those seeking a breath of fresh Irish air.
Couples far and wide have been waiting decades for equality. As Ireland becomes a pioneer for same sex marriage worldwide, we’re honoured to be part of it. Book your ceremony with us at Knightsbrook and let us make your wedding day dreams a reality.