The sheer variety of things to do in Meath and surrounds makes this the perfect destination for a family holiday or corporate getaway. History buffs, for instance can get stuck into the many sites of historical interest that lie dotted around the countryside, while those who's interests lay towards heritage will revel in a visit to the Bru na Boinne archaeological site - a UNESCO World Heritage Site that comprises the tombs of Knowth, Dowth and Newgrange.
Other popular attractions in the Trim region include:
- The magnificent Trim Castle , which was used as an important location in Mel Gibson's Braveheart, a Scottish epic. The castle was built in 1173 and has stood the test of time superbly.
- The holy Hill of Slane and nearby Hill of Tara , the last of which served as an important seat of political and religious power in early Ireland.
- The historic Battle of Boyne battleground, which still holds great importance for the Irish to this day.
- Lots of family fun at Rathbeggan Lakes Angling Centre and Family Park , where you can sit back and relax beside the water, have the kids try their hand at fly fishing, amble along secluded nature walks, pet some furry friends or participate in a game of Frizbee Golf.
- Navan is known for its golf courses and here you will be able to find a course that is suited to your level of expertise, whether you are a novice or professional. Choose from the Knightsbrook Golf Course , Navan Golf Club , Rathcore Golf Club , Meath Golf Club and the Royal Tara .
- Private guided tours of the Boyne Valley with pick up and return to your hotel. Take our suggested tour visiting Newgrange, Monasterboice, Hill of Tara, Bective Abbey and Trim Castle or we can design a bespoke tour for you. Visit us on Boyne Valley Tours
- One of most popular things to do in Meath is to attend a horse race meeting. These thrilling social events can be enjoyed at Navan Fairyhouse Racecourse , Navan Racecourse , the all-weather track at Dundalk .
- Enjoy fresh water fishing along the River Boyne . Fishing permits can be arranged beforehand with Trim, Athboy and District Angling Association
- Other things to do in Meath include a variety of annual events that range from vintage car shows to threshing and hot air ballooning.
- Why not Rent a Bike from Boyne Valley Bike Hire, Great heritage routes around The Boyne Valley......
- On rainy day, head to The Zone - a 24000sq ft purpose built extreme activity centre that offers indoor carting, paintball, pool tables, air hockey tables and computer games, as well as a refreshment area.
- If you like the outdoors and enjoy interacting with animals, you may also enjoy an excursion to Kelly Equestrian where you can participate in cross country trails or a spot of trekking.
- Enjoy a game of tennis at Trim Tennis Club
- Cliffs of Moher - Ireland top tourist attraction.
- For your team building event, corporate outing or Hen and Stag parties, why not visit BoyneValleyActivities.ie. Boyne valley activities are based in Trim, Co.Meath and offer a wide range of activities from kayaking and canoeing to High ropes, go-karting, horse-riding, Archery and much much more.